As an Online Merchandiser, do you wish to spend more time optimizing your conversion rate and delivering memorable shopping experience to your customers?
Mahesh Nanda, 38, is an Online Merchandiser working for an online retailer in Haryana, India. He is a certified APICS member and a Supply Chain Practitioner. He is often called the "Mind Reader" among his friends because he understands the shopper’s behavior and knows exactly how the product assortment needs to be done. He is responsible for running numerous promotions throughout the year and for keeping inventory under control. His job is to get the best return out of each section of the site and to provide the online customer with a great shopping experience.
Over the last 12 months, online traffic has increased by 30%, but the corresponding conversion rate has not improved. After talking to the Online Marketing Team, Mahesh realized that many new customer segments have emerged and the existing merchandising approach is not producing significant results. The economic recession has impacted shoppers' behavior, making them increasingly price conscious.
Now, he has been given a task to optimize his merchandising approach and redesign the site in collaboration with the Marketing and Content teams. Here are some of the questions Mahesh is struggling to get answers on:
- How online are visitors navigating through the site taxonomy?
- What are the key entry and exit touchpoints of online visitors?
- What are the most viewed and poor converting products and categories?
- How deep are online visitors navigating through the site taxonomy?
- How are product vs. shopping cart cross-sells performing?
- What is the impact of product ratings and reviews on merchandise conversion?
- Which brands are converting poorly on the site?
- What is the impact of online promotions on merchandise conversion?