Is your merchandising strategy driving visitors to the conversion path or turning them to your competitors?
If the online marketer is responsible for generating traffic on the site, then the online merchandiser is responsible for engaging and driving visitors to the conversion path. In order for an online retailer to meet his sales and conversion goals, both online merchandiser and marketer have to collaborate.
The 3TouchPoints team has spent many years in the Retail and E-Commerce domain, and we have seen the transition of traditional merchandisers from the offline to online world, along with their struggle to collaborate with online marketing and e-commerce teams. Below are some of the key features for which the online merchandiser is responsible. But due to the lack of actionable data and analytical skills, merchandisers are often not able to generate a memorable site experience for online shoppers and drive them to the conversion path.
- Site Search
- Managing Online Catalog and Site Taxonomy
- Setting up Product Attributes
- Product Imaging
- Running Online Promotions
- Designing effective Cross-Sell/Up-Sell strategies
- Product Ratings and Reviews
- Engagement Widgets like Recently Viewed, Finders, Quick Lookup, and Avatars etc.
- Alternate Payment & Shipping Methods
- Gift Cards & Certificates
- Brand Showcase
- Gift Registry and Wishlist
- In-store Pickups and Returns
- Shopping Cart & Checkout experience
- Targeted Email Campaigns etc.
Whether you are an offline retailer going for your first online store, or an established online player planning a redesign, we have a Merchandising Effectiveness Service package for you. We not only educate and empower your online merchandising team with relevant analytical skills, but also help them answer the following questions with confidence.
- What sections of the site are most popular and how deep are visitors traversing into the site?
- What percentage of searches on the site resulted in success vs. failure?
- What percentage of failed searches was supported by a relevant Did You Mean suggestion?
- What is the effectiveness of Product vs. Shopping Cart Cross-Sells?
- What is the impact of Ratings and Reviews on the Merchandise Conversion?
- What percentage of site visitors opted for In-store Pickup?
- What are the most popular payment methods and how do they impact the bottom line?
- What is the shopping cart abandonment rate?
- What products and categories have high page views but poor conversion?
- What percentage of orders placed on the site had a promotion associated with them?
If you are having trouble answering any of these questions, please contact us.
Based on our experience in the Retail and E-Commerce domain, we believe that engagement is the first step towards conversion. We are here to collaborate with your online merchandising team and assist them in delivering a memorable experience to your online shoppers.